Sustainable Beekeeping Weekend Course
Sustainable Beekeeping Weekend Course with Bees for Development
17-18 April 2021 Ragmans Lane Farm, Forest of Dean, GL17 9PA
A Bees for development event
This is a practical course with a particular focus on natural methods.
We cover the management of bees, and natural ways to take care of them. This Course is suitable for those with or without previous knowledge of beekeeping.
- Meet the bees – a hands-on look at honey bee colonies
- The natural lifecycle of honey bees – basic bee biology and ecology
- The relationship between bees and flowers – pollination, plants and biodiversity
- Ways to obtain your first honey bee colony
- Keeping bees healthy – what to do and when to act
- Making and building low-cost hives – practical demonstration
- Warre People’s hives, top-bar hives, frame hives: we look at each and help you decide which approach is best for you and for your bees.
The Course cost is £195 (including VAT), with delicious, freshly cooked meals and refreshments.
9.30am-5.30pm on Saturday and 9.30am-4pm on Sunday.
Venue: for more information about the venue and directions please visit www.ragmans.co.uk
Accommodation: please visit our local accommodation page for our recommendations
“It was friendly, accommodated various levels of knowledge, and offered a vision of sustainability in beekeeping without being prescriptive. I think we were all inspired! The balance of theory and practice was just right.” course participant
This course will also run on 4-5 September 2021 at the same venue
For either course:
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org